You can have Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 8 tbs (1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 1 tbs of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan..
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears..
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing..
- OPTIONAL MUFFINS (as pictured): Instead of using a bread pan, place batter into a buttered muffin tin, 3/4 full. Bake for 40 minutes, check center and let cool..