Chocolate banana bread. Dear banana bread lovers, putting chocolate chips in your banana bread is like having your bananas and chocolate go on a date. Lovely and sweet, yet still separate and distinct. This easy Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate lovers dream!
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread. ♥ The recipe can be low fat, high fiber, vegan, gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free. It makes a great gift, and leftover slices can also be frozen for a rainy day. Chocolate Banana Bread is a soft, banana bread recipe that is the perfect balance of banana and chocolate. You can cook Chocolate banana bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate banana bread
- It’s 2-5 of ripe bananas, peeled and mashed.
- You need 80 g of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Optional: chopped walnut, cranberries, dark chocolate chips.
Loaded with chocolate chips, this is CRAZY good!! This Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe takes banana bread to a new level! It's such a moist and easy chocolate banana bread that's a delicious family favorite! With a gorgeous ribbon of chocolate running through it, this marbled banana bread is as impressive looking as it is delicious.
Chocolate banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 160C-180C. It really depends on your oven! Just use your normal baking temperature..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together mashed banana, melted butter and sugar. Use more banana if it’s small and use more sugar if you like it sweeter..
- Stir in baking soda, salt, beaten egg and vanilla extract..
- Add sifted flour, dark cocoa powder (see pic: the colour is darker than normal ones).
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf pan. My pan is about 22cm/8.5in. Bake for about 50-60 mins. Once done, remove from the pan and let it cool on wire rack..
If you try this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe or maybe another of my Vegan chocolatey Recipes, please leave me a comment below sharing how it turned out for you! Think of this recipe as a cross between your very favorite banana bread and a crowd-pleasing blackout cake. Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Nothing tops old-fashioned banana bread, except maybe this chocolate version! Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home.