Dutch baby pancake. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve at once topped with syrup, preserves, confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake. You can have Dutch baby pancake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby pancake
- It’s 50 g of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 15 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 130 ml of Milk.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- You need 25 g of Butter.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Dutch Baby Pancakes are a super simple, fun, and delicious breakfast that the whole family will love.
Dutch baby pancake instructions
- Preheat an iron pan in the oven at 210 degree Celsius.
- Beat the eggs, add in sugar, milk, salt and sift flour into a container, whisk all using an electric whisk for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth without lumps.
- Bring out the pan from the oven. Add butter and swirl the pan to melt the butter and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan, tilt the pan if needed so that the batter runs evenly to all sides.
- Bake in oven until the Dutch baby is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges, around 10-15 minutes..
- Top with your favorite fruits or jam. Dust with icing sugar and serve😋.
So the puffy pancake known as a Dutch baby is a favorite of mine. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the online version of my application had garnered more than the normal number of. Dutch Baby Pancake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The pancake is done when it is a rich amber color and the sides have risen considerably. Using a spatula, remove the entire Dutch baby from the pan and place on a cooling rack for a few Dust with confectioners' sugar when cooled slightly.